Friday, August 20, 2010

Letter 3: Your parents
Dear parents,

Actually I also don't know what to say although it feels like I have alot to say. Well...I won't compare myself to others because each parent is different and I guess I'm just fated to have you two as my parents.

Anyway, I thank you for not spoiling me, but yet not making me feel deprived of anything. I thank you for always trying to give what you think is best for me(although sometimes i don't even agree), always trying to be there for me, making sure I feel that I have a complete home although we are only a small family of three.

Thank you dad for always being there with me in my childhood days. I guess you would have known that when I grow up we wouldn't spend as much time and even see each other as often, which is why you dedicated your time all to me when I was young. I love the times when you will secretly give me extra money when my mum objects and listening to all my lousy persuasions in buying stuffs for me. I love all those times with you and even though we hardly spend time together now, I still appreciate all the little efforts and initiatives in asking about me once in awhile. Oh, and one thing, I think you're best dad because you have never really scolded me or beaten me. Only naggings but even with that, it made me a happy little girl until now :D

Thank you mum for being the all-time housewife and taking care of me mainly because I'm the only child. I think I've gone through alot with you since young, and getting very used to all your ferocious and temperamental moods. Although i am still dreading your scoldings and naggings and ridiculous quarreling, but I guess that is just you. I think finding things to nag at me everyday had already became your hobby and you think you're always right. But other than all these nonsensical stuffs, I thank you for all your "wise teachings" although I haven't really applied them yet. And even though I don't like most of your cookings but at least I still eat them and don't complain all the time.

Forgive me in disappointing you for whatever it may be, as I really thank God that I am blessed with a warm family. Although we may not be wealthy or outstanding in any positions but I think this is enough for me :) Love you!

No comments: